Ocracoke Ghost and History Walks in the time of COVID-19
We are committed to offering quality, entertaining, and informative programs that share the unique history and fascinating stories from Ocracoke Island while providing a safer environment for our participants, leaders, and the wider island community.
With that in mind we have implemented the following guidelines for 2020:
• A selection of stories and tales from the Down Point Tour and the Around Creek Tour have been combined into one program.
• Whenever possible both Amy Howard and David Tweedie will present the program.
• Participants will continue to meet at Village Craftsmen on Howard Street. After a brief introduction beside the graveyards on Howard Street, the group will walk around the corner to the Bragg-Howard House, a traditional “story and a jump” cottage, built ca. 1865.
• The remainder of the ghost stories and island history will be shared on the front lawn of the Bragg-Howard House. Chairs will be provided.
• Programs are offered on most Tuesdays and Fridays at 7:30 pm, and will last 1 – 1 ¼ hours.
• Cost is $18/person ($15 + processing fee).
• Space is limited and we always have a waiting list. Tickets are not refundable for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours of the event. If you have any questions you may text 252-928-5541.
• Special programs may be available for private groups. Please call for more information.
• Minimum number of participants is 10 people.
• Because the programs are offered outdoors, masks are not required. But we ask you to maintain safe distances, especially from other participants who are not of your family.
• Tours are dependent upon weather. Tours cancelled due to weather will offer full refunds.
This is what a participant in June, 2020, had to say about her family’s experience: “We loved the stories and the history. It was the highlight of our visit to Ocracoke Island!”