Ocracoke Ghost and History Tours 2023
Join us for an evening of fascinating history and ghostly tales from Ocracoke Island. The Down Point Tour features stories on the Lighthouse side of the island. The ‘Round Creek Tour features stories around Historic Howard Street.
- The Down Point Tour is led by Amy Howard, and the ‘Round Creek Tour is led by David Tweedie. Ticket holders may choose which tour they prefer upon arrival, unless their selected tour date specifies only one of the tours for that evening.
- Programs are offered most Tuesdays and Fridays from May 23 through September 29.
- Tours leave promptly at 7:30 PM and last approximately 1.5 hours.
- Ticket Holders will meet at the Village Craftsmen at 170 Howard Street, 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Cost is $20/adults (13 years and older), $10/children (12 years and under). Tax is included. Kids ages 4 and under are free. Kids 4 and younger need no reservation, but must be accompanied by a responsible ticketed adult.
- Reservations can only be made online. Space is limited. We cannot offer a Waiting List, so it is best to book early once you know your plans.. Tickets are not refundable for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours of the event. If you have any questions you may text 252-928-5541.
- Minimum number of participants is 10 people. If minimum number of participants has not been met by 5 PM on the day prior to tour, the tour will be cancelled and participants will be contacted and refunded.
- Because the tours are held outdoors, masks are not required, but we ask that you be mindful of maintaining safe distances from those who are not in your group.
- Tours are weather dependent. If a tour is cancelled due to weather, tickets will be fully refunded.
- Ocracoke Ghost Story Beach Fires ~ We also work with Ocracoke Beach Fires for Thursday night Ghost Stories around the Campfire on the beach (May 19-October 6). For more details, click this link. This is a separate business, and we don’t handle the reservations . . . we just tell ya the tales!
This is what a previous participant had to say about her family’s experience: “We loved the stories and the history. It was the highlight of our visit to Ocracoke Island!”