Ocracoke Ghost and History Tours 2021
We are committed to offering entertaining and informative programs that share the unique history and fascinating stories from Ocracoke Island.
The Down Point Tour features stories on the Lighthouse side of the island. The ‘Round Creek Tour features stories around Historic Howard Street.
- The Down Point Tour is led by Amy Howard, and the ‘Round Creek Tour is led by David Tweedie.
- Ticket Holders may choose their desired tour upon arrival, unless online reservation designates only one tour available for that evening by identifying the ticket as “‘Round Creek Tour Only” or “Down Point Tour Only”.
- Programs are offered most Tuesdays and Fridays from May 18 through Oct 1st.
- Tours leave promptly at 7:30 PM and last approximately 1.5 hours.
- Ticket Holders will meet at the Village Craftsmen at 170 Howard Street, 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Cost is $18/adults (13 years and older), $8/children (12 years and under). Kids ages 4 and under are free. Kids 4 and younger need no reservation, but must be accompanied by a responsible ticketed adult.
- Reservations can only be made online. Space is limited. Tickets are not refundable for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours of the event. If you have any questions you may text 252-928-5541.
- Minimum number of participants is 10 people. If minimum number of participants has not been met by 5 PM on the day prior to tour, the tour will be cancelled and participants will be contacted and refunded.
- Because the tours are held outdoors, masks are not required, but we ask that you be mindful of maintaining safe distances from those who are not in your group.
- Tours are weather dependent. If a tour is cancelled due to weather, tickets will be fully refunded.
This is what a participant in June, 2020, had to say about her family’s experience: “We loved the stories and the history. It was the highlight of our visit to Ocracoke Island!”