Village Craftsmen in the time of COVID-19
Village Craftsmen is committed to offering quality, American-made handcrafts while providing a safer environment for our customers, employees, and the wider island community.
With that in mind we have implemented the following guidelines until further notice:
- Our gallery will be open by appointment from 11 am to 5 pm, most days.
- Please text 252-928-5541 with the number of people in your party, and a preferred date and time.
- Immediate appointments may be made at the door.
- A mask covering your mouth and nose is required in the store.
- Please maintain a safe distance from other customers and staff.
- The number of customers in the gallery at any one time may be limited.
In these uncertain times we are delighted to welcome our long-time customers as well as first-time visitors to Ocracoke. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable experience on the island and in our gallery.
offers an extensive selection of fine quality American-made handcrafts. We feature pottery, jewelry, wooden kitchen utensils, bells, soaps, kaleidoscopes, prints, pewter items, and much more.
From a modest beginning in 1970 we have become one of the premier craft galleries on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Located on historic Howard Street, across from numerous family cemeteries and surrounded by ancient live oaks, Village Craftsmen combines an appreciation for quality handcrafts with an abiding love of island history and culture.
The gallery is managed by Amy Howard, daughter of owner, Philip Howard.
Village Craftsmen of Ocracoke Island.
Welcome to our online gallery. Since 1970 Village Craftsmen has offered an extensive selection of fine quality American made handcrafts. We feature pottery, jewelry, wooden utensils, bells, soaps, kaleidoscopes, prints, pewter items, and much more.